Saturday, June 26, 2010

SPLIT SECOND review

After all the hype I thought I might try this one out, after playing this one for a couple hours,



This game reminds me of much older car games that used to be around but were replaced by the current day variety of racers and for the online play which is mainly what I do I was less than impressed.
The first time you go online you will notice your vehicle stats are low, which is to be expected, but to spend so much time on the slick look of the game and then throw you into an online race without considering who your matched up with just sucks and takes all the fun out of it.
You will need to complete God know how many online matches before you earn enough points to upgrade, earning points takes a long time you will not even see the other racers 10 seconds after the race starts because your newbie car wont keep up.
I for one prefer a more true to form race game meaning you can win or loose based on your skill not who has the faster vehicle.
I advise renting or buying used if possible

July 14 2010
It's official, I don't really like this game. "but you might"

1 comment:

Jimshorts said...

I had huge expectations for this game. BlackRock Studios' previous title (PURE) is my favorite game of all time, so of course my hopes were high on Split Second. Just 10 minutes into playing it, all hopes were dashed. So there it sits collecting dust. Please BlackRock Studios, bring on PURE 2!