Sunday, October 10, 2010

NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT

After some consideration and hearing some good things about this game I decided to give it a whirl.





My first impression of the game....


Taking my own advice I am playing "off line" till I become more familiar with the game.
As anyone who has played the game knows you start out with some slow vehicles but that's OK as it allows time to get used to the controls and handling.

I really love the Cockpit views but switched to the behind the car view to see how it is and as expected it's easier to see whats coming up so there is less slamming on the brakes in an attempt to make through a sharp turn.
I am looking forward to trying it online and hope it's as good as "GRID" or "DIRT 2" as these are my favorites to date.

OK this was my second night and for now I am less than impressed, I'm not sure what all the hoopla was about.
I went online for a bit and was surprised to see the Green, Yellow and Red helpers on the track, maybe they go away after you level up but it seems goofy to me.
At this point I can only assume I am spoiled by the Codemaster games
"GRID and DIRT2"
If I can stomach any more I might play it again.

1 comment:

INSTIGATOR_58 said...

Well, I played this on & off for a couple weeks and it's not my favorite.
This may be a good or better game if you like using a wheel, "I don't"
Trade in time at my local Gamestop.